Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Old Bones and New Polish

I'm bringing back some old books as part of the resurrection of my writing career. To be a little more accurate, my "career" slept, fairy tale-like for the last year and and some change.

I've recently published some mothballed "collections" on Smashwords, including Darker Matter: Stories of Strange Futures, and These Darkened Streets (horror and weird fiction). I've also brought back my horror/adventure/grim-as-hell novel Loathsome, Dark and Deep (originally from Belfire Press, and until now out of "print").

I write to be read. I'll never understand the purpose of sitting on good stories when readers are hungry. No storyteller should hide in the dark.

When I set to republish Loathsome, I took a good look at the original dedication:

For Aimee, even through the darkest part of the woods.

Do I remove the dedication? No. Not exactly. But my life isn't what it was then. There's more to my story than the dark woods I traveled with Aimee. The dedication grew as I have. So now we read the original, along with:

...and Kim for helping me see the light. 

Kim wasn't a part of my life when I wrote Loathsome, Dark and Deep, but she's helped me find my way home. She's helped me find my voice again. And that, dear readers, is the only place I want to be: home, telling my stories.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm super happy to see you on the writing front. And this is a gorgeous cover for this story. well done, sir.

Aaron Polson said...

Thanks, Barry. I'm thinking of killing the red haze around the letters. Kind of waffled on that, but otherwise I like the feel.

JDaisies said...

Aaron!
I'm super excited to see and possibly read this book! Your story is compelling and intriguing!

Inspire others!

Alan W. Davidson said...

Glad to see you back from your slumbers, Aaron...am looking forward to all of your future stories.

Alan (still a member of the fan club) Davidson