Monday, May 3, 2010

Revolution and Migration

First things first: can I have another weekend?

Our forensics (speech and drama) state competition was fun, but exhausting. One of my students "broke" into semifinals, the first time in years, so that was pretty cool. We're all dragging a bit today.

If you notice the page title, you'll realize I've changed the blog name. Well, do to the ease of updatage, I'm migrating my website to blogger. I'll keep the old http://www.aaronpolson.com/ domain, but I'm eventually going to have it redirected here. Until I can afford a professional web designer (right...like that will happen), blogger gives me the best options and customizability--especially with the new "pages" feature (my pages are listed under the title above). The pages allow me to free up a little of the sidebar, so each page doesn't look quite as cluttered. I'm doing the same with the Strange Publications' site (http://www.strangepublications.com/). The migration should be "complete" this week.

Borrowed Saints should be done this week, too. I won't hold my breath, but it's getting close. So close. I've just loaded the final reel...

12 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Good luck with Borrowed Saints.

Blogger is one of the most easy to use formats out there and even techno-dunce's like me can play about with the html.

Rebecca Nazar said...

Well, even with it being easier, I'm still stuck trying to work the page feature. My geekiness does not cover things techo. Now stamps on the other hand . . .

Jamie Eyberg said...

congrats on the state semifinals! And good luck on the digital fronts. You have a lot going for you this week.

Alan W. Davidson said...

Congrats on the good showing at the state competition. I like the changes to your blog.

Aaron Polson said...

Cate - Other little projects are pressing against the door, trying to break in...

Becca - Postage stamps or rubber? I'm clueless with either. ;)

Jamie - We all have our share of juggling.

Alan - Thanks. I think I do, too.

Tyhitia Green said...

I hate technology but I can work with blogger. LOL.

Good luck with your story. I'm finishing mine up as well. :-D

Fox Lee said...

Ah, Blogger. So easy to play with : )

Kara McElhinny said...

*Hands Aaron a time reverser* (For the weekend o course!

Good luck with Borrowed Saints Aaron, and congrats to the student you got into semifinals!

K.C. Shaw said...

I like Blogger. It's not perfect, but it's better than a lot of other blog sites.

Good luck with Borrowed Saints!

Barry J. Northern said...

Glad to have found this site. It certainly loads a lot quicker than mine, which is something I need to address. I see many of my writer friends are already following you.

I run a new horror fiction podcast called Cast Macabre, and was wondering how you would feel about my taking story submissions of works that appear on 52 stitches. I'd be more than happy to promote the trade paperback later in the year.

I realise you've only bought first serial rights and reprint rights for the anthology, but I thought it only polite to ask.

Aaron Polson said...

Tyhitia - Luck to both of us then. ;)

Natalie - "play with" is such a dangerous phrase coming from your keyboard.

Hinny - Man, I'd love a time reverser.

Thanks, K.C.

Barry - Cheers. The authors are free to resell their stories after they appear--podcasts are wonderful, imho. Best of luck with Cast Macabre.

Danielle Birch said...

Good luck with Borrowed Saints.