Blah blah blah... Oscars. I watched with half an eye open last night. Yay for The Artist, a truly original film with some brilliant performances. I figure the rest of the blogosphere will be abuzz with Oscar-ness, so I'm bringing you this delicious blast from my past, a desert ANYONE can make in less than five minutes (prep time--it does bake for 30-40). And I did make it in less than five minutes, twice this weekend for guests my wife invited. This happens.
Poor Man's Fruit Crisp
1 cup of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 stick of butter (softened)
1 can of fruit pie filling
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Dump the pie filling in an 8" x 8" square pan or 8"/9" round.
3. Mix the first three ingredients to a lumpy texture (a fork works well--just press it into the goo until it combines).
4. Drop and loosely spread the topping on the pie filling.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes until bubbly and brown. You may want to crank the temperature to 400 F for the last 5-10 minutes for a nice browned crust.
Simple. Freaking delicious.
You can always combine fresh fruit and sugar to make your own pie filling. I like to add 1/4-1/3 cup of rolled oats to the topping. It looks more healthy that way. ;)
Have a special week.