Friday, November 18, 2011

Five Question Friday: Chris Blewitt


1. What is the last book you read?
 - I just finished "The Girl Who Played With Fire" by Steig Larson.  It is the 2nd in his trilogy of "Girl Who..." novels.  I read the 1st one, Dragon Tattoo, earlier this year and thought it was fantastic.  The books are kind of intimidating at 600+pgs but for some reason, they flow very nicely.  "Fire" is just as good as the first one and I look forward to reading the final book, "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest".  If you haven't checked out these books or don't know the story behind Larson, do yourself a favor and read the them.
 
2. Is the book always better than the movie?
    - I'd have to agree here.  The Firm is one of my all-time favorite books and really inspired me to write and I think they did a poor job of replicating the book.  The music in the background, the piano, really turned me off.  And, they changed the ending.  Sleepers was a great book, but also a great movie.  On the other hand, action movies or something like Jurassic Park, could be better on screen than in a book.
 
3. What three things are always in your refrigerator?
 - Lemon juice, cheese, beer.  I add a few drops of lemon juice to every glass of water I drink, my wife cannot live without cheese, and I'm a beer connoisseur. 
 
4. What is on the floor of your car?
 - Sunflower seeds, both whole and in the shell.  They are my litte vice when I drive.  Car charger for my phone and my laptop.  Ice-scraper, usually from November to March.  Water bottles.  Lots of dog hair from my dog, Guinness.
 
5. What items do you always have with you?
 - I'm kind of a freak about chapstick.  It is ALWAYS with me.  Left pocket of my pants.  Other than that, my phone and my money clip with a few cards and a few bucks in it.  I haven't carried a wallet in 12 years.
 
 
Read The Lost Journal

1 comment:

Mercedes said...

I'm sorry that I burst out laughing at the "What is on the floor of your car?" question. I think it's awesome. The answer is even better.