Sunday, March 1, 2009

Egads, a Meme! Scribblers, Beware!


Cate Gardner awarded me a 'Superior Scribbler' award.

The "rules":

Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends (or let their two year old pick at random).

Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.

Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.

Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!

Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

I'm with Cate as this is a very tough choice since there are so many fantastic scribblers out there. In true random fashion, I've let my two year old pick. So here are the superior scribblers 2009 (as chosen by Max):

1. Felicity Dowker - has taken the horror/weird fiction world by storm this last year. Her first chapbook (Phantasy Moste Grotesk) is due later this year from Corpulent Insanity Press.

2. Brent Tomlison - another from "down under", BT is about the busiest scribbler I know, balancing school, work, this writing thing and more.

3. Barry Napier - scribbles silly things about printer cartridges as a a freelance writer, and horrible tidbits as a, well, horror writer.

4. Bobbie Metevier - once shared a frustrating story of the post office blues on her blog. I've been there, Bobbie, too often. We shared an issue of Reflection's Edge a year ago this month.

5. K.C. Shaw - has written some very heartfelt and beautiful stories about people, er, animals...oh, were-things.

*If Max failed to pick your name, please feel free to consider yourself a superior scribbler anyway. Max is random like that.

Tomorrow: a peek inside the "man cave"

Later this week: I just might reflect on February. Maybe.

8 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Ooh! Looking forward to a peek into the 'Man Cave'. :D

Thanks for playing along.

Katey said...

Max is clearly awesome. High five him for me, will you?

I'm with Cate, we need the Man Cave.

Fox Lee said...

She got me, too ; ) Now I just have to figure out what a Mr. Linky is.

Bobbie Metevier said...

Thanks for the award! I'm possibly having a blank moment because this is what I think I'm supposed to do:

1. Link from my blog five people whom I'd like to award.

2. Post my win on Mr. Linky.

(Where is Mr. Linky? Who is Mr. Linky?)

Aaron Polson said...

I have no idea, Bobbie. I just followed Cate's example.

Maybe we can make a blog called "Mr. Linky"?

Aaron Polson said...

I found Mr. Linky. I'm editing the post now.

K.C. Shaw said...

Ooh, thanks!

I'm another one looking forward to seeing the Man Cave. I'm picturing a stone club leaning up against the cave wall, and probably paintings of antelopes too. :)

BT said...

And now I get to echo the first part of the comment I threw up on Jamie's:

Thanks for the nod, mate.

You've just managed to make me waste more time searching for worthy recipients, pasting links, and fixing format issues...

Just kidding...etc, etc

I'm number 666 on Mr Linky!

You may all bow down before me.

Unfortunately, (sorry Flick) our digital camera is now broken so I can't join in on the Man Cave unveiling, or the unread book shelf pile, or more cute picks of my dog. :c(