Friday, December 5, 2008

Show and Tell

Stolen from Cate Gardner and I tag nobody 'cause they've already been tagged.

Age when I decided I wanted to be a writer: I'm still not so sure...

Age when I wrote my first story: 22

Age when I first submitted a short story to a magazine: 32

Age when I sold my first short story: 32 (Acceptances for "Man in the Hallway" from Blood Moon Rising and "A Fresh Coat of Paint" from Big Pulp on the same day...weird)

Total number of submissions: Um...lots. Let's leave it at that. (like over 300...) I'm a glutton for punishment.

Total acceptances: 40

Thickness of file of rejection slips prior to first story sale: Too thick to measure. I only keep the good ones now.

Approximate number of short stories/novelettes/novellas sold for cash money: 27

Poems sold: 5 published, one paid, 4 FTL

Age when I started writing my first novel: 23

Age when I started writing my first completed novel: 32

Age I finished that novel: 32

Age I started my second novel: 33

Age I finished my second novel: 33 (editing pending)

Age when I sold a first novel: Um, 33. Yeah, that sounds good. ;)

Total number of novels written (discounting duds): 2

Books sold: 0

Books in the process of querying: 1

Short stories in the slush: 30ish

Short stories written this year: 85 (I told you it's a disease)

Age when I became a full-time novelist: 33 (clears throat and laughs)

Age now: 33

Have a great and wonderful weekend everyone. Peace.

6 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

40 acceptances in that short amount of time. I am so jealous. Although after reading that story you sent me I am not surprised.

Jeremy D Brooks said...

Those are insane numbers, man...you're up there with Cate for achievements...

Fox Lee said...

You work fast!

Aaron Polson said...

Writing is therapy. I need another post to explain.

Cate Gardner said...

WOW! 85 short stories written in one year and I thought I'd done too many :)

Aaron Polson said...

Cate - I have a heaping pile that will never see the light of day because I cranked them out like some sort of class exercise.