Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oh the Pain, the Pain...

I guess it is time to face the fact that I'm not a spring chicken anymore. After a bout of angry gardening this weekend (clearing clutter for Fall planting) and a kickball double-header last night (without warm up), I'm feeling my age. Most days, 33 is fine, but I'm definately not 20 anymore.

I'm busy putting the spit and polish on my second entry for Malpractice. I like this piece, "Room 466 has a Long Memory", but time will tell if the editors feel the same. Writing for anthologies is fun, focused, and therefore seems to elicit my best work. At least I'm having fun, right?

Peace

2 comments:

Fox Lee said...

Gardening is rough. Digging is the worst for me. My back screams after that : P

Cate Gardner said...

I agree writing for anthologies makes your more focused - and of course, inspiring.

I snarl at my garden and hope it will mow itself. So far it isn't working, so now I'm hoping the weeds will strangle each other. :(