They've been missing from my writing life. Good, targeted goals. Goals with dates, word counts, submissions deadlines...
I need some goals. I need them to be public so I can't slack.
- Finish edits on Good Deeds (a short thriller) and publish by Monday (2/20/12).
- Finish writing a second short thriller (Switch) and publish by the end of March.
- Submit one short story (or flash fiction) each month. I have several started which need finished.
- Finish writing the irreverent vampire novella I started last fall. It's fun. And bloody. I will be done with the first draft by the end of the school year.
- Write the third and "final" installment of The Sons of Chaos. It's going to be a cold one. I'd like to finish this by the end of the school year as well.
Speaking of things one has to do, how about reading the latest Penny Dreadnought? It's only a buck for Kindle:
The Abominable Gentlemen build four worlds only to destroy them in this apocalypse-themed issue of Penny Dreadnought. Witness four unique visions of the end in:
“Precious Metal” by Aaron Polson
“Only the Lonely” by Iain Rowan
“The New Words” by Alan Ryker
“He” by James Everington