Monday, October 3, 2011
The October Contest
Ridiculous as in awesome.
Grand Prize: You name and supply physical/psychological characteristics for a character in my next book. Here's the teaser: Four friends gather at their twenty year high school reunion to pay respects to a friend who died in high school... Within a week of their meeting, one of them is murdered. I'll leave it there, for now.
1st Place: You supply me with two characters (general types, e.g., plumber--you can name them if you wish), a situation, and a setting, and I write a piece of flash fiction (of at least 500 words) to share with the world.You may even name the piece, if you wish.
2nd Place: I will write a Friday Flash (of at least 100 words) with any title you supply.
So how do you enter?
Every time you do the following, you receive "points" (points like tickets in a raffle):
1. Comment on my blog anytime during October. 1 point
2. Tweet about the contest (include my Twitter handle: @aaronpolson) 2 points
3. Tweet about any of my books (include my Twitter handle: @aaronpolson) 2 points
4. Write a review of any of my books at Amazon, Goodreads, or Smashwords; better yet, post the same review at all three. 5 points each (15 to post at all three...whoot)
5. Buy a book. You'll have to let me know at aaron.polson(at)gmail.com. 5 points
To facilitate #5 (and celebrate October), I've lowered the price on all my self/indie published books to 99 cents at Amazon.com for the next week. Get 'em while they're hot.
The contest ends on October 31st at midnight Central Standard Time; winners will be announced November 1st.
Posted by Aaron Polson at 7:30 AM