Friday, September 16, 2011

Five Question Friday: Budo von Stahl


Five questions with  Budo von Stahl:
 
 
1. What do you think makes a good story?

Good grammar and spelling, of course; engaging characters; and I'm a sucker for good world-building/backstories.

2. What is the last book you read?

Chicks in Chainmail

3. Is the book always better than the movie?

Almost.

4. Why are manhole covers round?

Because people are square?

5.  If I could read a diary of one of your characters, what would I learn about him/her?

Tillman kept a journal, and most of what I know of him and his friends came from it.  (insert winking smiley here)

1 comment:

Brant Watson said...

The manhole cover questions is really one to provoke deep thought. Its implications shook me and I gazed across the parking lot towards the manhole cover I knew lurked nearby.

After many seconds of agonizing thought I reached an inescapable conclusion. The manhole cover must be round to accommodate for the fact that the manhole itself was round! The realization hit me in the fashion of 2987.445 pounds of brick crushing a coyotes skull. Such a stark realization opened up a deeper new mystery. Why are the manholes themselves round? Insofar as I know there are no square people, unless you count metaphorically square persons who never engage in sinful activities. Thus I was lead to conclude there must be another reason. My thoughts seemed askew, incoherent, and fleeting as I tumbled down the rabbit hole of possibilities. Are rabbit holes also round?

I suggest you save me the trouble of restarting the antiquated antikythera-like mechanisms in my brain which lay unused since my days long past in your English courses. Tell me, why - why are manholes round?