Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Juggling & Big Experiment Update

From my "notes" on my iPod (where I leave myself late night "to dos"):

guest blog
XXXX's book
finish war story
finish zombie piece and revise
prep Saints for May release
finalize House Eaters print
revise flash and send

My goal today is to knock out XXXX's book (a beta read--I'm 70% done), the guest blog, and finalize The House Eaters for print. I'd love to finish the "war" story. It's been fun:

By some accident of God, I survived the first assault.

See. Fun.

The big experiment update? I've sold 50+ e-books this month (50 on the Kindle and another 5 or so via Smashwords). A bit of a milestone for me.

Onwards and upwards!

14 comments:

Tony said...

Congrats! Those are pretty impressive numbers. Any idea what caused the uptick in sales?

Cate Gardner said...

50 sales!!! Bloody hell.

And that's some to do list you have. My to do list for today...

Sleep.

Aaron Polson said...

Tony - The majority are copies of The Bottom Feeders (which is having its best month yet) and The House Eaters. I do have a pile of ebooks out there, most released in the last month or so. Hopefully the pyramid scheme plays out. I wish marketing was a simple do it->people buy, but it isn't.

Cate - I'm envious of your to do list.

Mary Rajotte said...

Awesome news, Aaron! How good does it feel that you're doing it for yourself? :)

I won't post my to-do list. Then I might cry.

Barry Napier said...

Sounds like a chore just to keep up with the to do lists. Onward indeed!

Aaron Polson said...

Mary - It feels quite awesome. I'm not sure what I'm doing, but I'll keep doing it.

Barry - That's a rather bleak way to put it, but yes...Onward!

Katey said...

Brilliant, Aaron! Onwards and upwards, indeed!

Fox Lee said...

Congrats on the sales!

S. Williams said...

You are a busy guy, I don’t know how you do it.

Aaron Polson said...

Thanks, Katey.

Natalie - Thanks.

S. - Perpetual sleep deprivation.

K.C. Shaw said...

50 sales is great! And that 'war story' first line is awesome.

Danielle Birch said...

Congrats on the sales! Onwards and upwards indeed!

I wish I could manage to finish all of the things I add to my to do list.

Aaron Polson said...

K.C. - Now if only the rest of the story would cooperate!

Danielle - I don't always finish them. Sometimes I rearrange and pretend I did. ;)

Simon Kewin said...

Great stuff Aaron. Keep it up!