Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Detention Hall

So one of my detainees came into detention hall with nothing to do yesterday. I told him to grab a book from the bookshelf. His pick: Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya. Um...don't think he was going to read that one. So I handed him:

And showed him my story in Blood Lite II. The first line of "The Unfortunate Persistence of Harold Francis Beamish" begins with the words: "On their way to drunkenness..."

Detention hall kid: "This story is making me thirsty."

True story.

7 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Ha! I like that kid. Erm...Is that the wrong answer, sir?

Natalie L. Sin said...

It's great how you're molding young minds : )

K. Allen Wood said...

Hahaha. Nice.

Aaron Polson said...

Cate - No one calls me sir except for you and Alan Davidson. ;)

Natalie - I'm such a role-model.

Ken - At least he's reading...that's what I tell myself.

Milo James Fowler said...

Gotta love detention duty. Not. Sounds like you both made the most of it!

Danielle Ferries said...

Classic!

Katey said...

HAHAHA!

Oh, high school kids are so adorably absurd :D