Monday, November 8, 2010

Polluto 7

My contributor's copy of Polluto 7 landed in my mailbox the other day. What a lovely (and odd) magazine. "Molting Season" (my story) kicks off the issue with these lines:

Ben began to molt on a Saturday evening after having 'the talk' with Traci. He cut most of his extra faces off with a folding utility knife he used as a stock boy in high school.

How's that for a trip down the rabbit hole? You can buy copies at Polluto's website or straight from the printer.

Tomorrow: I try to recruit some of my fellow travelers for a little mission.

6 comments:

Michael Stone said...

Freaky opening lines, freaky cover! Congrats on the publication, Aaron!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the publication. This one sounds pretty intense.

All of the publications you have found your way into lately look awesome. I bet you have a pretty sweet collection of magazines, journals, and anthologies with your name in them. You should post a picture as inspiration for the other aspiring newbies out there.

Fox Lee said...

Aww, Ben's going to turn into a beautiful horny butterfly!

Cate Gardner said...

Is it wrong of me to say that cover is pretty? Does it make me sick?

And your 'little mission' comment has me intrigued. Roll on tomorrow. Actually no, then I have to go back to work. :(

Aaron Polson said...

Thanks, Michael. Maybe I never mentioned how freaky I was...

Tony - Polluto is an interesting mag, and they aren't afraid to take chances.

Natalie -Awww...

Cate - I thought it was sort of pretty, too. My wife--not so much. I have bigger missions in store; tomorrow's is for all of us.

Danielle Birch said...

An odd magazine with a fabulous cover. Congrats.