The good K.Hinny has tagged me, and it being Monday, I can't refuse.
1. If you could have any superpower, what would you have? Why?
Healing. Wouldn't that be nice? Of course, no matter your superpower, the rest of the world will find out, and then you'll never have privacy, soooooo maybe what I really, really want is invisibility. And healing.
2. Who is your style icon?Huh? Style? Are we talking clothing...if we are, I have no style. Okay, maybe that's not entirely true. I tend to dress like my Drawing II instructor in undergrad (t-shirts and jeans) when given the choice. I really have no style. That's why I write: it can be done in a solitary place and nobody cares what I wear.
As for writing...hurm. I don't know. I think I've gotten to a place where I'm starting to feel out my own style. There are writers I admire, but I'm not them anymore. At least I don't think I am.
3. What is your favorite quote?"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
- from Hamlet, Act I, scene V
4. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
First, when my wife said she would marry me. In writing, I've been compared to some pretty illustrious writers. I think the comparisons fall down upon closer inspection, so I won't embarrass myself here, but it's still nice to hear.
5. What playlist/CD is in your CD player/iPod right now?
It's October, so the somewhat cheeky goth boys of Midnight Syndicate are in heavy rotation.
6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
A morning person. But so much so I may as well be a night owl. Sometimes I wake at 4 AM and write, write, write.
7. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
If it's the right cat, I'll take it. Dogs are great if you have the space. Poor Owen is allergic to both, so we are a bunny family right now.
8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
Well it's my name, isn't it? As for the lies part, I had a student (four years ago now...how time flies) tell me all fiction was lies. I quote: "Why would anyone want to read a bunch of lies?"
As for who to tag...it is October, so I'm thinking with my October brain:
Edgar Allan Poe
and Algernon Blackwood