Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Cheats and Free Stories

Well...hopefully those of you who signed up for the newsletter received a free story in your inbox. If not, check the spam filter. I'm just getting the hang of this thing.

I switched mailing list managers after a few people struggled with the old system.

Such is life.

If you want to be on the list and want to skip the form, send me a message at aaron_polson(at)hotmail(dot)com and I'll add you manually.

Oh...and I finished draft one of Borrowed Saints yesterday. (yeah, I cheated and skipped the last chapter until I've read through it again...sue me)

Have a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

Brendan said...

To Aaron Polson, Writer and Blogger:

You are hereby notified that a suit has been made against you in court, charging that you used the term "finished the draft" when, in fact, you had not completed the final chapter.

Attached please find a series of interrogatories the court demands you complete so that this suit can go forward.

Anthony Rapino said...

Cool, just signed up (though I could have sworn I was already signed up...)

Looking forward to the story.

Kara McElhinny said...

Hey Aaron, thanks for the free story! As always a great piece of work :D

enjoy your break, (if you take one) before you start on the next draft. Good luck to you!

Cate Gardner said...

Tut, tut, tut. Just make sure you don't cheat the next draft.

Oh, and congrats. :D

Aaron Polson said...

Brendan - I'm fired. The pay sucked, anyway.

Anthony - I'll get it out to you, ASAP.

Hinny - No rest for the wicked. I'm moving on to a new project, though, giving the Saints a break.

Cate - I better not. The book needs an end eventually...

Kara McElhinny said...

Of course Aaron. A break from writing is like deciding to quit drinking right? :D

Jamie Eyberg said...

The story came through fantastically (and darkly) this morning. As far as re-reading a story before putting an ending is a good thing. Beats having to re-write it again because it wasn't what it should have been.

Anthony Rapino said...

Right on, thanks, Aaron.

Fox Lee said...

I'm not sure you can cheat on yourself, so it's all good ; )

Deborah Walker said...

Thanks, for the great free story. This is a great idea. Do I get one every week?

Aaron Polson said...

Deborah - I would if I could, but it would probably kill me. ;)

Katey said...

I had the newsletter story as a bedtime story while my weekender guests were in bed. I think it gave me nightmares.

In a good way.