1. Thank the person who gave you this award. Thank you, Natalie.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. (done)
4. Tell up to 6 outrageous lies about yourself and at least 1 outrageous truth. (rubs hands together)
5. Nominate 3 creative writers who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
You...you...and, uh, you.
6. Post links to the 3 blogs you nominate. (do the yous have blogs?)
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them. (uh...)
6 & 7 are where I suck. I would make an off-color comment about how often this one's been around the block, but...I try to keep it clean here.
Let the lying commence.
1. I have a birthmark above my belly-button in the shape of Texas. It is two inches across and upside down so the Rio Grande points to my rib transplant scar.
2. As a child, I named all my pets after military commanders and dictators. Pol Pot, General MacArthur, Patton, Idi Amin...I even had a cat who liked to drink whiskey from a bowl named Ulysses S. Grant.
3. I wrote my first horror story at age three, right after my grandmother told me a great aunt was "just sleeping" at her funeral.
4. I have a collection of human earlobes gathered from cadavers when I was in college. (Hey, I was dating a pre-med student, okay?) I keep them secret and safe. Wouldn't want the boys to find them...
5. I will never again write a piece of Friday Flash.
6. When I was twelve, my mother took me on a cross-country camping trip in search of dinosaurs, sulfurous hot springs, and giant stone men.
7. I once stabbed another boy in the back of the hand with a broken pencil because he brought candy as the "secret santa" gift at the school Christmas party. All the other boys received Hot Wheels or Star Wars figures, and I was stuck with Lifesavers. Jerk.
So yeah, no flash today. Sorry. But I've given you some glorious lies. Can you spot the truth?
Is there any truth?
What if they're all true?