Monday, July 6, 2009

Accidents are Fun

Some of them, anyway. I won't mention the 2nd degree burns on my left leg. For the past seven years, we've gone to my friend's house south of Wichita, KS to celebrate the 4th of July. Seven years ago, it was only six adults. Now, we collectively have eight kids.

Anyway, my buddy Aaron (yes, he is why I'm "the other Aaron") likes to do little tricks with fireworks. Accidents happen sometimes...



Have a great week.

14 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

That is a good video. At least he wasn't shooting arrows. We can't do stupid things with fireworks around here. They are 'illegal.' :(

Alan W. Davidson said...

Hmm...better not let my son see that. I had a friend in high school that tried to set off a home-made pipe bomb one halloween and blew off the top of one of his fingers (Don't try that anywhere, boys and girls).

Aaron Polson said...

Jamie - I feel for you. Wow. A 4th with no fireworks...

Alan - Let's not talk homemade explosives...Aaron (not me, my friend) has a penchant for making big things explode. He lives in the country on a few acres, so nobody complains...but one of these days, I'm afraid someone will lose more than a bit of finger.

Jeremy Kelly said...

This year our neighborhood late night fireworks were pretty tame. Last year this guy didn,t know anything about roman candles so he set the thing on it's side so the mouth faced the crowd. He lit it and the rest is PTSD.

Aaron Polson said...

Yikes. I used to be all about holding the roman candles until one backfired and exploded in my hand. Guess you have to live and learn.

Catherine J Gardner said...

Coolness. LOL!

Aaron Polson said...

Cate, that shot was one in a million. I only tried the camera on the ground one time, and bingo.

Natalie L. Sin said...

Second degree burns? Yowch!

Danielle Ferries said...

That's classic! Ouch though for the burns.

Aaron Polson said...

Natalie, Danielle - I won't be posting pictures of those, but I'm sure you can imagine.

Jameson T. Caine said...

I remember the incident as a kid that involved me, matches and a gallon of gasoline. I'm lucky I didn't blow myself into pieces.

Horror Girl said...

i learned many a lesson from your video. mainly of course, to chose your friends carefully... :^) looks like a good time was had.

Aaron Polson said...

Jameson...wow. A gallon, huh? We never moved past chlorine and alcohol.

Samantha - Most definately. The kids enjoyed themselves, too.

Jodi Lee said...

My brother shot off a roman candle (15 count, I think) out of the crack of his backside last summer. I don't know how he did it, but even the crazy guy in town says he'd never do something that stupid.

They've deemed my brother the new crazy guy. o_O He also plays with homemade explosives... (can of beans on a fire? can of Raid, tossed in a fire? Boiling oil and water on fire? He's done 'em...)

Thumbs up on the vid, Aaron. Very cool. ;)