Pro level won't happen in a year; I know that. But I can do some things to work to that end:
- Always have at least one story in front of a pro paying market. Right now I have four.
- Finish revisions of Rock Gods and Scary Monsters and query that sucker by the end of the school year.
- Write my third "novel"--a dark thing I'm tentatively calling The House Eaters.
- Write at least one high quality story a month. Quality may require that I set the story aside for at least a week before revising--a challenge for this submission junkie.
- Give myself some breaks. I nearly chucked the whole writing idea last summer because of unreal expectations.
I would like the following to happen as well, but these items require outside "assistance":
- Land an agent/sell a book.
- Sell a story to a pro paying market.
Right now, I'm going to lounge on the couch and watch TV. See, the stomach flu has come to visit, and I'm the latest victim.
Curse you, stomach flu!