Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Okay, I'm In

November couldn't be a worse time for me to try and knock out a 50K word novel, but I'm in. I signed up for NaNoWriMo this afternoon; my author info isn't all done yet, but I've made the plunge.

Like I said, November: not so good. It's toward the end of the semester, piles of student papers to grade, my wife's birthday, I'm finding it hard to give up the addiction I have to short stories--there, that's the one. If for no other reason, I'm taking on a novel because I've struggled to give up my short story addiction.

Two potential projects: young adult magical realism...or horror. Good thing I only have a few days to decide.

Yikes.

7 comments:

Fox Lee said...

Horrific magical children!

Cate Gardner said...

What she said. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

Yeah, I am with Nat and Cate. Welcome to the insanity. We are with you.

Carrie Harris said...

Good luck! And if you need some samples of horrific magical children, some live down the street from me.

Crystal-Rain Love said...

Good luck with it! Stop over my blog and you can eneter my nano-related contest. (You'll have a shot at a prize whetehr you raech the 50,000 or not). It definitely would be better if this took place in the summer, don't you think?

Aaron Polson said...

Love it: Horrific Magical Children...all my stories are a bit like horrific children.

Summer would be the best...June...no school...ah...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wonder why it's in November...so dreary outside. Sigh. Anywho, I got Tainted in the mail and wanted to say thanks for the contest. Free books are always nice!