How did I do in September...let's see...
I wrote (and finished) three stories:
"Just What You Need" (the longest-a 4,100 word dark fantasy)
"Daddy's Touch" (horror-1,100 words)
"Special Collections" (horror-1,000 words)
- finished revisions on "Tunnel Vision" (dark fantasy, around 1,500 words)
- wrote the first draft of an untitled dark fantasy story
- resurrected "Blood Will Have Blood" (revised as "Dinner")
- started a weird little tale about a cockroach (think Kafka) and a boy traveling down a river
- and began an overhaul of The Last Days of the Springdale Saints.
Four stories accepted:
"Dinner" (horror - Macabre Cadaver)
"Seeing Things" (horror - Twisted Tongue)
"Known Quantities" (science fictiony/horror - Sonar 4 - for their first print issue)
and "In Green Water" (werid/dark fantasy - Tales from the Moonlit Path)
"Dinner", "Known Quantities", and "In Green Water" are some of my older stories that have gone through some pretty serious revisions over the last ten months. I'm glad they found a home.
Back to work.