Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Money, Money, Money

Characters need motivation, right?

I've decided three of my VICs (very important characters) in my as-yet-untitled supernatural thriller need money. They aren't greedy people. No, not at all. One is a decorated military veteran who finds himself disabled and unable to pay his bills. One is a college drop-out, working her butt off in retail but she can't pay her medical bills (related to an eating disorder which was directly related to the central--and for now, secret--conflict of the book). The third is working on her PhD in psychology, but loses funding for her research. *sad face*

Every character needs a motivation.

These VICs are about to be visited by their guardian angel devil. (No, this is not the "supernatural" in "supernatural thriller". He isn't literally a devil.)

Let the games begin.

How's your WIP going?

6 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

My WIP is being a tempermental pissant lately. Or that could just be me. Haven't sorted out the difference yet. ;P. (Hugs) Indy

*See there you go, I'm bitching, yet I'm handing out hugs.

Cate Gardner said...

Guardian Devil... I like that.

James Everington said...

My WIP is in fact several short stories at different drafts & stages of completion that I'm moving between.

The mental image you should have is not of a well-oiled production line, but a plate spinning in the very last second before it all goes wrong...

Danielle Birch said...

Love the guardian devil.

WIP going quite well. Although I've taken a little break to write a very dark poem. It was inspired by a play we saw last week and it's my first poem so we shall see how it turns out.

Fox Lee said...

Erotically

Katey said...

Money--now there's a good motivation. Or bad. But who's to say?

Mine goes... hell, I have no idea. My brain is mush.